Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bruno_Ferres
Frequent Visitor

Keep chart colors despite categories

Hello all!

I'm working in a top 10 vendors chart and have an issue:
Its a pie chart with top 10 Vendors in a certain period.

Power BI assign a color from the pallete for each Vendor when setting the chart, but if the period filter is changed others vendors are in the top 10 and other colors are assigned to them, and normally a bad color to see above the chart background color.

So, i need to assign the same color pallete despite wich vendor is shown.

Anyone knows how to solve that?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Bruno_Ferres ,

It seemed it could work on my side and the color could match the same category, could you please offer a sample file to have a test if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-danhe-msft !

Sorry, i couldn't find how to attach the PBI file or a link to it here.

But I made a simple file to ilustrate and there are some screenshots:

I created a Pie Chart with top 10 Vendors in a selected Month. The power BI automatically assigned the first pallete colors for the first vendors shown. There are some vivid colorsPrint 1.PNG and it's fine that way.

Print 2.PNGBut when I choose other month, there are another vendors and another colors, some of them too dark for the report background.

In this case, I need that the same colors are defined for the same N vendors.

In My real case, there are much more vendors and commonly black or the background's same dark blue are assigned to a vendor.

Thanks!

Hi @Bruno_Ferres ,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered to close this topic?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-danhe-msft !

Saddly no.

I tried the themes, some DAX ranking and other visuals from marketplace, but no success.

Hi @Bruno_Ferres ,

From your description, I suggest you change your report themes for your report:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-report-themes

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.