Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TomásFonseca
Regular Visitor

Keep Bookmark Information Through Pages

Hello, 

I have two pages, where in each I have two bookmarks, one daily (shows 21 days of data) and the other monthly (shows 180 days of data). When i click on the respective button, they work fine, however if I change to the second page, the data filter remains the same as the previous page. 

Is there any way of solve this? For example, if the default of the second page is daily, it will open on 21 days, and not on 180 days because the previous page was on 180 days.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @TomásFonseca ,

I guess your slicer is synced on Page 1 and Page 2, therefore it is happening.

One option could be to non-sync your slicer on both pages. So anything selected on Page1 won't affect the Page2.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello,

Try selecting the Keep all filters on the second page to off.

Idrissshatila_1-1672680103948.png

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution so it would appear to others, Appreciate your Kudos👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Doesn't solve my problem, because that way only passes the days information, not the bookmark information when you open the page

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @TomásFonseca ,

The whole idea of uaing bookmarks is to retail the state of visuals on the individual report page not on all report pages. So you can't use bookmarks of Page 1 to retain state on Page 2.
I would suggest somehow use drill-through in a way from Page 1 to Page 2.

I don;t have a view on your report pages, so can't suggest much. May be share more details like screenshot of your report pages and bookmarks how they are working currently.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Default state of page 2Default state of page 2Last state of page 1Last state of page 1If I change from page 1 to page 2, I will have 180 days but my intention is to have the default state, 21 days

HI @TomásFonseca ,

Just 2 questions here.

1. If the Page 1 has 180 days or 21 days selected, will your Page 2 always show 21 days?
  2. Or you want Page 2 to show the other state based on what you slect on Page 1 - If Page 1 selected 180 days then Page 2 shows 21 days ; if Page 1 selected 21 days  then Page 2 shows 180 days?

Also is it possible to share your pbix file, so that I can create a solution there itself?

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Sorry, I can't share pbix file because has sensitive information.

My defaut state is daily information. So what I want is to navigate between daily and monthly bookmarks on page 1, but my default state (21 days) remains the same on others pages.

And what is happening now, is that if i click on monthly bookmark (180 days) on page 1 and then I open page 2, the information is for 180 days, and not the default state of 21 days

HI @TomásFonseca ,

I am not able to understand the 2nd part of your statement:

"And what is happening now, is that if i click on monthly bookmark (180 days) on page 1 and then I open page 2, the information is for 180 days, and not the default state of 21 days"

Bacause Bookmark should only retain state of the Page 1. It should not at all affect Page 2.

How are you navigating to Page 2 after you select your 180 days bookmark on Page 1 ?

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

It's not the bookmark that is affecting the second page, it's the days slicer. The bookmarks are working fine, but when i change from one page to another, the slicer remains in 180 days. And I want a way to change the page and the slicer show 21 days. Without the need to click on the bookmark button.

For example: Page 1, i choose monthly bookmark, so the slicer shows 180 days.

Then i shift to Page 2 (where the default is 21 days) and Page 2 slicer must show 21 days.

Hi @TomásFonseca ,

I guess your slicer is synced on Page 1 and Page 2, therefore it is happening.

One option could be to non-sync your slicer on both pages. So anything selected on Page1 won't affect the Page2.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

I think that will do it, thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.