Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cmllrcg
Frequent Visitor

KPI values not showing up right

Hello, hope you're having a good day!

Was trying to do KPI comparing the values of "GSPH Target" and "GSPH Actual" but the values does not line up... Hopefully y'all can point me in the right direction about this issue, would really appreciate it.

Here is a part of the table that contains the names and their values:

cmllrcg_2-1623879368253.png

cmllrcg_0-1623878794568.png

The "Value" in the Trend Axis contains all of the values that I am trying to sum up.

cmllrcg_1-1623879144668.png

The actual value is 53,120 but it is showing up as BLANK and color red.

This is the measure for it:

GSPH Actual =
CALCULATE(
SUM ( 'Accumulators and Events with Identifiers'[Value] ),'Accumulators and Events with Identifiers'[RDC Name] = "GSPH - Actual" )

The goal is 433,400 but it is showing up as 167,60K which is bizarre.

Measure for Target/Goal:

GSPH Target =
CALCULATE(SUM ( 'Accumulators and Events with Identifiers'[Value] ),'Accumulators and Events with Identifiers'[RDC Name] = "GSPH - Plan" )

Thank you in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @cmllrcg 

According to your sample picture, I guess that you may have misunderstood the function of the trend axis in the KPI chart of the Power BI. When the trend axis is set to On, the visual shows the trend axis as the background of the KPI visual. If you have the date field in your data table, I suggest you to place the date column as the trend axis instead of the [Value] column.

I’ve also created some data and two measures to reproduce your scene, like this:

Actual = SUMX(FILTER(ALL('Accumulators and Events with Identifiers'),[RDC Name]="GSPH - Actual"),[Value])
Plan = SUMX(FILTER(ALL('Accumulators and Events with Identifiers'),[RDC Name]="GSPH - Plan"),[Value])

vrobertqmsft_0-1624437201687.png

And you can get the correct data. You can try to follow my measures and method.

Create key performance indicator (KPI) visualizations

You can download my test pbix file below

If you still have a problem, you can post some sample data(without sensitive data) and your expected result.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@cmllrcg you don't need to use anything on-trend axis, mainly it will be used if you want to see the trend over period, like month or date or year.

Add another column in your table let's call it "Trend" and set its value to 1 and then use that on "Trend Axis"

Trend Column = 1

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.