Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cedric_basuel

KPI trending axis

Hi,

How can I show the YTD value as indicator with Monthly trend axis? I have an example below but the indicator shows the value for November (last item in the table, not the total).

KPI.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I believe you have to select one or the other.  You could use 2 visuals - a sparkline and a card, similar to what I have done here

http://exceleratorbi.com.au/power-bi-public-story-telling/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes if your the trend axis is monthly it won't show you YTD totals even if you write YTD Measures!

You may have to use a combination of a chart and the KPI Visual...

KPI Visual.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PoppyB
Frequent Visitor

Little late....

But incase anyone else is looking for an answer to this, you can use the 'Cards With States' custom visual to do this. 

Add your measure, add your dimension to the trend axis (I've used month), then go to the format pane and select the data label drop down.  Here under 'value', you can select first, last, total etc. 

The callout value is now the total YTD, while my trend line shows month intervals. 

Last Month Total.PNGTotal Value.PNGYTD Total.PNG

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes if your the trend axis is monthly it won't show you YTD totals even if you write YTD Measures!

You may have to use a combination of a chart and the KPI Visual...

KPI Visual.png

I believe you have to select one or the other.  You could use 2 visuals - a sparkline and a card, similar to what I have done here

http://exceleratorbi.com.au/power-bi-public-story-telling/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Hi Matt,

Awesome blog. Can you tell me how you did the Growth and Decline visual? It's like KPI visual without tick marks. Thanks!

Each teal box is 5 objects

1 the box itself

2 the kpi item

3 a picture icon

4 the pct change, which is a card object rendering a pact chg vs last year measure

5 the line, which is a spark line custom visual from the visuals gallery

Does that help?

Thanks @MattAllington! I'm actually interested in the pct change. How does it change colour if it's a card object? And also the Decline/Growth below the figure?

mmmm, my bad - sorry.  It is actually the card with states from the visuals gallery  https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/CardWithStatesBySQLBI1445315565700

Thank you so much @MattAllington! This is exactly what I need. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Aleli

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.