Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

KPI text size

[Update: actual issue not fixed, but accepting a workaround as a potential solution]

All,

I've noticed from previous posts that you can't change the wording of "goal" on the KPI visual, although that would be nice. Different question:

Given the layout of my report, the "Goal: etc." text is far too small to read, and 8.63 doesn't need to be quite that large.

2.PNG

I'm not seeing a way to increase subheading font size and decrease the callout font size. Am I missing something, or is this not a current functionality?

If not, I'll post in Ideas - it probably should be.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This is a pretty easy to follow walkthrough of a basic "Hello World" type visual

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-custom-visuals-getting-started-with-develo...

I followed it the other day and had a fully packaged pbiviz file within 30 mins.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
smithmc3
Advocate I
Advocate I

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the size of the KPI text?  I like the functionality of the standard KPI visual but want to be able to edit the text size?

Hi,

I also need to change the text size of KPI visual. In Mobile, it occupies more space. 

Thanks,

Yoga

adsman
Regular Visitor

The KPI text size is currently way too large. +1 for adding an option to change the percentage font size!

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @RMDNA

Depending on how flexible you need to be with your report page, you can apply a hack which should make the font size larger.  Just reduce the underlying height and width of the page size.  To access this, just click a blank area of your report page and set the custom height and width to smaller values.

page size.png

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@Phil_Seamark

Unfortnately, the reason the text is unreadable is because we're using a larger custom page size, which can't be changed for various reasons.

Thats a shame.  There are some other KPI based visuals in the Custom Visual gallery.  Have you had a look through these?  

Would you consider building a custom visual yourself?  If you are only keen to display some basic text and no graphics, it might be a pretty easy one to knock up.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

I hadn't actually thought of that. I have no idea how they're created, unless there's a tutorial, but I can look into it. Good idea.

This is a pretty easy to follow walkthrough of a basic "Hello World" type visual

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-custom-visuals-getting-started-with-develo...

I followed it the other day and had a fully packaged pbiviz file within 30 mins.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Not the easiest or most efficient solution, but I'll take it. Thanks for the idea.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.