Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

KPI text size

[Update: actual issue not fixed, but accepting a workaround as a potential solution]

All,

I've noticed from previous posts that you can't change the wording of "goal" on the KPI visual, although that would be nice. Different question:

Given the layout of my report, the "Goal: etc." text is far too small to read, and 8.63 doesn't need to be quite that large.

2.PNG

I'm not seeing a way to increase subheading font size and decrease the callout font size. Am I missing something, or is this not a current functionality?

If not, I'll post in Ideas - it probably should be.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This is a pretty easy to follow walkthrough of a basic "Hello World" type visual

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-custom-visuals-getting-started-with-develo...

I followed it the other day and had a fully packaged pbiviz file within 30 mins.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
smithmc3
Advocate I
Advocate I

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the size of the KPI text?  I like the functionality of the standard KPI visual but want to be able to edit the text size?

Hi,

I also need to change the text size of KPI visual. In Mobile, it occupies more space. 

Thanks,

Yoga

adsman
Regular Visitor

The KPI text size is currently way too large. +1 for adding an option to change the percentage font size!

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @RMDNA

Depending on how flexible you need to be with your report page, you can apply a hack which should make the font size larger.  Just reduce the underlying height and width of the page size.  To access this, just click a blank area of your report page and set the custom height and width to smaller values.

page size.png

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@Phil_Seamark

Unfortnately, the reason the text is unreadable is because we're using a larger custom page size, which can't be changed for various reasons.

Thats a shame.  There are some other KPI based visuals in the Custom Visual gallery.  Have you had a look through these?  

Would you consider building a custom visual yourself?  If you are only keen to display some basic text and no graphics, it might be a pretty easy one to knock up.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

I hadn't actually thought of that. I have no idea how they're created, unless there's a tutorial, but I can look into it. Good idea.

This is a pretty easy to follow walkthrough of a basic "Hello World" type visual

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-custom-visuals-getting-started-with-develo...

I followed it the other day and had a fully packaged pbiviz file within 30 mins.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Not the easiest or most efficient solution, but I'll take it. Thanks for the idea.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.