Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MiekeV
Frequent Visitor

KPI- multiple select slicer

My issue is similar to this one that was posted in 2017:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/KPI-Visualization-Problem-With-Multiple-Select/td-p/165189

I am wondering if there is a solution?

I am creating a Actuals/Budget report. I have a slicer for year and one for months.

If I were to multi-select multiple months, I would like the KPI to display the sum of the actuals/ budgets pretaining to those months as opposed to the default where it only displays the data for the last month that was selected oin the slicer (if january and february are both selected, it will only show the february data and not the sum of Jan+Feb). 

Is there a work around of this?

Ideally I do not want to use the YTD method as I would like the ability to select months and/or years out of order (e.g. just May and October)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Here is a link to the use of Parameter tables https://www.daxpatterns.com/parameter-table/

which act like slicers but are, i think more open to manipulation in DAX

Notice that even in this article the selection of multiple parameters is considered to be "bad".

I suspect your way out might be to make 3 parameter tables, for example, and allow the user to select up to 3 months. Then your DAX code would have to check each parameter and react differently depending on which one was selected.

This would be pretty advanced, but you could probably do.

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!