Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

KPI goal set to previous quarter

Hi,

I have some KPIs and I would like to set the goal to be the previous quarter.  Our quarters run from April to March, so unless I'm mistaken, I cant use the previousquarter formula.

My data is in a table with multiple columns as below.

Rickfear_0-1601299611225.png

so for example, for HospAdSH i want it to show 141 for 2020 Q1 (it does this), and 234 as the goal (the Q4 2019 sum)

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks both, I ended up going in a different direction.  I added a column to the end called Qnum which goes 1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4 etc.  I then added additonal goal columns with the formula =SUMIF($Q:$Q,[@Qnum]-1,C:C).  This now gives me my required goals to use.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You can use datesqtd. It just looks for qtr. You can use that Ir your Qtr start fron Jan, Apr, Jul and Oct

examples

// With TI

QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(('Date'[Date])))
Last QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,QUARTER)))

Last complete QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD( ENDOFQUARTER(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,QUARTER))))
Last to last QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-2,QUARTER)))
Next QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],1,QUARTER)))
trailing QTR = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,QUARTER))

//Without TI

Qtr Start Date = DATEADD(STARTOFYEAR('Date'[Date],"3/31"),QUOTIENT(DATEDIFF('Date'[Start Of Year], 'Date'[Date],MONTH),3)*3,MONTH)
Qtr Month No = DATEDIFF('Date'[Qtr Start Date],'Date'[Date],MONTH)+1
Qtr Rank = RANKX(all('Date'),'Date'[Qtr Start date],,ASC,Dense)	
This Qtr = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Qtr Rank]=max('Date'[Qtr Rank])))
Last Qtr = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Qtr Rank]=max('Date'[Qtr Rank])-1))

This QTD = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Qtr Rank]=max('Date'[Qtr Rank]) && [Qtr Month No ] <=max([Qtr Month No ])))
Last QTD = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Qtr Rank]=max('Date'[Qtr Rank])-1 && [Qtr Month No ] <=max([Qtr Month No ])))

Power BI — Qtr on Qtr with or Without Time Intelligence
https://medium.com/@amitchandak.1978/power-bi-qtd-questions-time-intelligence-2-5-d842063da839

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :
https://radacad.com/creating-calendar-table-in-power-bi-using-dax-functions

Appreciate your Kudos.

manikumar34
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi, 

You can create a calculated column to have your Quartere starting from April. 

Use the below link for the same. 

https://radacad.com/some-methods-for-calculating-quarter-in-dax-for-power-bi

Regards, 

manikumar

If this helps, Appreciate your KUDOS!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.