Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rossnruthie
Resolver I
Resolver I

KPI display yearly average with month over month trend

I have a KPI that I am trying to set up but running into a problem.

Given the following KPI:

Capture.PNG

I would like the value of 99.98% to represent the overall average year to date success while the background trend represents the month over month success.  I can seem to only format it so that the main value is the most recent value in the trend.  Is there any work around for what I'm trying to do?

Thanks,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi,

You can drag the month fileld in Axis it will show month level %.

In this KPI accept onle one Measure, we can 't set two measure like 1 for Label and another one for background..

Is not possible here sorry

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also struggling with this question.  My company has a weekly KPI target so I can use the KPI visual to dispaly the performancy weekly on the trend axis as well as the target goal.  But in the value displayed in th middle of the visual it is more valuable to our company to see the average weekly performance over time rather than the weekly performance on the last point in time which is how it currently displays.  If this is not possible to show in Power BI's current version, can you add this feature to future versions?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rossnruthie,

Based on my understanding, you want to display average of one year value as indicator, and month as background trend in a KPI visual, right?

In a KPI visual, the trend axis is displayed as the background of the KPI visual. In your scenario, you can add average of one year value fields in Indicator and Target Goals properties, then place month field in Trend Axis property. For more information, please refer to this article: KPIs in Power BI.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also struggling with this question.  My company has a weekly KPI target so I can use the KPI visual to dispaly the performancy weekly on the trend axis as well as the target goal.  But in the value displayed in th middle of the visual it is more valuable to our company to see the average weekly performance over time rather than the weekly performance on the last point in time which is how it currently displays.  If this is not possible to show in Power BI's current version, can you add this feature to future versions?

I would like the value to represent the overall average year to date while the background trend represents the month over month success.  I can seem to only format it so that the main value is the most recent value in the trend. 

Is this possible?If yes then how to implement this.Any help would be really great.

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi,

You can drag the month fileld in Axis it will show month level %.

In this KPI accept onle one Measure, we can 't set two measure like 1 for Label and another one for background..

Is not possible here sorry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.