Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

KPI chart - Indicator: Incoming last 30 days , Trend: last 6 months and Goal: Avg 6 months

Hi All, 

I need help with building a KPI chart.

Data :

I have tickets data with their creation date.

For eg. say there were 100 tickets created in last 30 days and 540 tickets created in last 180 days.

Requirement :

in the KPI chart I need the following :-

Indicator : Tickets created in last 30 days : 100

Trend axis : Last 180 days showing a graph of how tickets are being created on daily basis.

Target Goal : Avg daily incoming in last 6 months - so 540/180 = 3  and then for 30 days = 3 * 30 = 90

So overall the Indicator is greater than Target and it should show a ! with it.

If above is NOT achievable in Power BI, what else do you think can be done to show such data ?

-Mani A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

As I tested, with the KPI visual, the main number shown will always be the latest value in order of date.  The purpose is to show the current number.  So once you add a measure in target gogal, the KPI can scan your dates and display the value shown for the latest date.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

You can create two measures to get "Tickets created in last 30 days" and "Avg daily incoming in last 6 months" but it will calculate based on the latest date row follow the formula if you add the Date as Trend axis. As I tested, we can not add a measure in Trend axis. 

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

Thanks for your reply but I didnt understand your answer completely.

let me simplify my requirement.

I have list of tickets with created date for say 2017.

I have created a relation between the created date and the date in my calendar/date table.

with this when I pull Month-Year (in trend axis) and Incoming as Indicator -- it shows the incoming in Dec and the trend it shows in the back is also correct.

Now I want my target to be Average monthly incoming for the year for which I have used a measure.

When I pull in this measure, that also filter only Dec and not the complete year.

SO is it that KPI charts can only use static targets and not something that can be measured

-Mani A

Hi @Anonymous,

As I tested, with the KPI visual, the main number shown will always be the latest value in order of date.  The purpose is to show the current number.  So once you add a measure in target gogal, the KPI can scan your dates and display the value shown for the latest date.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.