Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrevorBoat
Helper I
Helper I

KPI card so buggy with Conditional Formating the Percentage format colors

Hi,

Can someone else look at this and see if I am missing something. Or is there a better option for a KPI card besides the Native one?

In the KPI card I want to show the percentage change from last year to be either, Red if Negative, Green if Positive. When I change the slicer from "1" to a different number "7" this Rule doesn't update with the direction of the +/-

A.png

B.png

Under "Goals" in the visual format I try and add a conditional formating "Rule" that works, but when I change the slicer from "1" to a different number "7" this rule doesn't update with the direction of the +/-

So the only fix is when I manually go into the "Font Color - Goals" and Hit the "Reverse Color Order" Then it updates on number 7 to be the Correct Green color for a positive.  Is there a better KPI or a solution to this? Thanks!

Trevor

Goals.pngFormat Color.png

C.png 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@TrevorBoat What is CR LY  measure, is this the measure showing difference %? If not then you need to calculate the difference % and then use that for the conditional formatting.

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@TrevorBoat yes found a way, see video, weird though

2022-01-05_10-41-18.gif

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@TrevorBoat glad it worked out. Cheers!!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@TrevorBoat yes found a way, see video, weird though

2022-01-05_10-41-18.gif

Excellent!! Thanks so much looks like that did the trick. Appreciate it  🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@TrevorBoat good to hear that your problem is solved, I will look into decimal, maybe some settings on the formatting pane. Do subscribe to my YouTube channel, I will be sharing some interesting Power BI related contents there, link below. Cheers!!

TrevorBoat
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks!!! That was driving me crazy looking at it.  Something simple. Thanks for additional eyes, that did the trick. 

Do you know how to get rid of the decimals in the % change in these KPI cards? Thanks again

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@TrevorBoat What is CR LY  measure, is this the measure showing difference %? If not then you need to calculate the difference % and then use that for the conditional formatting.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2022 update 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to learn more about the August 2022 updates!

August 1 episode 9_no_dates 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Watch the playback when Priya Sathy and Charles Webb discuss Datamarts! Kelly also shares Power BI Community updates.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors