Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lorenz33
Helper III
Helper III

KPI Visualizations: Need Recommendations and Help

I am creating a report that measures how many applications a reviewer reviews. The data resembles this:

ReviewerID    ReviewerName  Review Status  Appl_ID   Review Start     Review End   Review Length (Days)

3                     Mike                 Accepted                 3       April 3, 2020      April 5, 2020              2

1                     Emily                Declined                  5       April 2, 2020        April 3, 2020             1

2                     Dave                Accepted                  7       April 3, 2020        April 6, 2020             3

3                     Mike                 Declined                 20       April 7, 2020       April 10, 2020            3

2                     Dave                Declined                  21       April 15, 2020     April 19, 2020            4

3                     Mike                 Accepted                23       April 21, 2020     April 23, 2020            2

1                     Emily                Declined                 27       May 1, 2020        May 4, 2020                3

3                     Mike                 Accepted                30       May 12, 2020      May 15, 2020             3

1                     Emily                Declined                  33       May 21, 2020       May 22, 2020             1

1                     Emily                 Accepted                37       May 27, 2020       May 29, 2020              2

2                     Dave                Accepted                 38       May 28, 2020        May 30, 2020              2

The report I am creating will track the efficiency of reviewers and will display metrics on how many review are done within a time period (eg: month), the average amount of time for a review.

I have created measures on the average days to complete a review and the number of reviews completed. This can all be easily displayed on bar or pie charts. I have been investigating Power BI KPI visualizations but have not been able to find any where this data can be utilized. The ones I found tend to focus on examples such as sales figures per month. Are there any KPI visualizations that can be recommended for displaying such metrics as whether number of reviews per month meet a target (I can enter this as a measure) and if the average time to complete a review meets a target?

Any advice on what KPI visualizations I could use and how to use them with this data would be very helpful.

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What I am missing is the review ID column (not critical but highly recommended), as well as some statement on the review complexity.   In general if you are using KPIs you need to have a basic understanding of what "good"  means, and if that "good"  thing is actually agreed upon by the consumers of your report. If the reviews all take the same effort then you can proceed with your design. If not then you can maybe provide the additional color commentary?

The query has a ApplicationID column which is a FK in ReviewAssignment table and links to the Application table (PK for this table). The ReviewAssigment table does have a ReviewAssignment Key which is the PK.

The query that is the does bring in the AppliationID column which is unique for every review. I have updated the orginal post to include it.

The clients have not given me any info on what good or bad means yet. At this time I am just going to pick values for "target review length in days" and "target monthly review quota" and create them as measures. I can then later interview the clients on what these values should be.

I would like to learn how I can apply this data to the KPI visualizations that can be utilized with this data. Also, if required, how can I manipulate the data to use the KPI visualizations.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.