Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wi11iamr
Advocate II
Advocate II

KPI Visualization does not sum the data

When using the default/built-in KPI visualization, I notice that it appears to be designed to only show the last/maximum value in my dataset.

- I've confirmed this by selecting the "Export Data" option on the KPI Visualization and it shows me all 250 records from this dataset

My dilemma is that I want it to show the sum/total of all the values in my dataset.

(I've confirmed that the Indicator's aggregation setting is set to "Sum")

In my efforts to resolve, I've come across the custom KPI Visualization on the PowerBI site (https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/) and downloaded "KPI Indicator". When using the same Actuals & Target fields in the default KPI visualisation, this new custom KPI visualisation does sum the records in the dataset and produces only a single record in it's "Export Data" showing just the total.

- Admittedly, I have not populated the "Axis" field of this custom "KPI Indicator", because if I do, then it has the same problem as the built-in KPI Visualisation by only showing the maximum value of the 250 records that I have.

So, I'm quite convinced my problems is twofold:

1. I don't understand how the KPI and KPI Indicator visualisations are intended to work

2. I don't understand how my dataset should be prepared in order to show the total value of all records over the period of time

Any assistance is appreciated 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Oliver

I've the same problem and need assistance

mork
Helper V
Helper V

Same here. I don't understand how the KPI visualizations work either...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.