Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

taher
Helper II
Helper II

KPI Visualisation

Hi All,

I have some Problems or misunderstanding with the KPI Visual.

I created a Measure which calculates the average of ratings in my table. What I don't understand is, why the value is different between KPI Visual and Card Visual??
See the screenshot please,Unbenannt.PNG

Regards and Thnx a lot,

Taher

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
taher
Helper II
Helper II

Hi All,

thank you all for help. I just solved my Problem using Card with States Visual. Because what I from KPI needed is the automatic color changing when the value 90% or more. Fortunately, It works with Card with  States and gives me correct values.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
taher
Helper II
Helper II

Hi All,

thank you all for help. I just solved my Problem using Card with States Visual. Because what I from KPI needed is the automatic color changing when the value 90% or more. Fortunately, It works with Card with  States and gives me correct values.

Best Regards

san_jois
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

Pls check if the measures 'QM value KPI' and 'QM value' are computed using same formula..

Hi @san_jois,

they are the same Measure. I just changed the Title.

Best Regards,

Taher

Can you display the value as a decimal number to see if they match? Perhaps both visuals deal differently with rounding?

hello @bmalfait,

I have already tried that, the values are too much different.

For example, there are values where the difference 5% is !!

Regards,

Taher

Hi @taher,

And if you calculate the value yourself, which one is correct? I would think that at least one of the 2 is incorrect?

Or if you create some other (easy to calculate) measure, does the same difference occur?

Best regards,

Bart

Hi @bmalfait,

The Card Visual works good so its values are right. KPI is not working good.

I tried to create a separate Measure which does exactly the same and it has the same problem. So I am sure the problem is, the KPI Visual must be initialized in some way to work successfully.

Regards,

Taher

I just tested this in one of my reports on a measure which calculates an average rate for services, and both visuals give me the same value, both in percentage or decimal view.

I am however working on the latest PBI Desktop release (installed from the app store).

I'm out of options now 🙂

Time to contact support perhaps?

Best regards,

Bart

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.