Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gempar
Frequent Visitor

KPI Visualisation query

Hi - would like some help on the KPI visualisation, please. 

I have a report that uses report level filters to filter by month, so you can view current month data or select a prior month filter to look at prior status. 

I am adding a KPI visualisation which also has months on the trend axis.  This means that when a single month is selected on the report level filter I lose the trend axis information. 

What can I do to allow the KPI to retain the trend in the background, whilst still selecting the relevant report level filter. 

Thank you!

With the report level filter appliedWith the report level filter appliedWithout the report level filter appliedWithout the report level filter applied

5 REPLIES 5
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @gempar

In the KPI visual it is not possible to do so.

The workaround is

1. Create your KPI Visual with trend axis off. With this it will not show the background area chart for the trend.

2. Create another Area chart with the axis and values same as KPI visual.

3. Make the width and height of the two charts of same size.

4. Place the Area chart over the KPI.  Using the format tab make this to Send Backward and Send to back.

5. If you have slicers for Year and Months separately, using the Edit Interactios in the format tab, ensure that when the month is selected the Area Chart is not affected.

Try it out and if it works accept this as solution and also give KUDOS.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @CheenuSing

Thank you very much for the solution, however I'm left with the same issue.  I'm not using slicers on the report, I'm using report level filters.   Do you know how I can make the area chart not link to the report level filters? (Obviously using slicers would be a great option to use, however it's not the desired way our consumers want their reports.)

Thanks!

Hi @gempar

Please upload the pbix in one drive / google drive and share the link here to explore.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks CheenuSing for offering but unfortunately I can't share my content. 

I've used your suggestion above with the area chart, but prepared the visualisation with a duplicate of the data set that isn't linked to the report level filter as a work around. 

Thanks for your help and area chart suggestion! 

Hi @gempar,

I would suggest you try the custom visual "KPI Indicator". We can use a measure to remove the filter of Report Level Filter. 

actualTrend =
CALCULATE ( COUNT ( FactSales[SalesQuantity] ), ALL ( 'DimDate' ) )

KPI_Visualisation_query

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.