Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

KPI Visualisation problems with %

I have problems to create a dashboard in PowerBi to show my KPIs.

First problem i had was to take data from spreadsheet filtered by month and show it in visual. I am not using vast amount of data but already calculated KPIs. 

But table below doesnt work : 

jan    feb    mar

A    95%   90%  90 %

B    80%   85%  85%

C    75%   80%  90%

I needed to split this table into individual rows as below : 

A 95% jan

A 90% feb

A 90% mar

B 80% jan

B 85% feb 

B 85% mar

C 75% jan

C 80% feb

C 90% mar

This could be pain to update every month but its doable. 

Second problem is to show the % in a pie chart as I want. I set up the modelling and query as % and decimal. But doesnt work if i want to show in pie chart. Is there a simple way how to show a % e.g. A = 95 % to show it in pie chart ? If I add column with difference 100% - A = 5%  

A 95% 5% jan

Is this really the solution to show the KPI ? As I already have the KPI calculated I dont want to calculate a new column everytime I am updating this.

thank you for your help

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Check if any KPI visual meets your second requirement.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps?search=kpi&page=1&product=power-bi-visuals

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Your first bit is fairly easily done in Power Query - just search for unpivoting columns for examples (I'd guess that given the nature of your data set and that you might have more columns added on as more months go by, it'd be best to just select your A/B/C column and pick unpivot others). I'm not sure entirely what you're wanting to show with your pie chart - for, say, A in January, you're wanting it to show 95% of it filled in?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.