Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

KPI Visual

Hello,

I've got a large KPI report.

The report produces three sub-scores that together create a final score.

The scores range from 0-5.

When a score is under 1 the value will turn red. This can be done with the KPI visual. 

My issue is that for the final score another rule applies. If one of the subscores are red that should result in the final score being red, no matter what the value is. 

I do not think it's possible to accomplish this with the standard KPI visual so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to do this? 

Br,

J

Connect on LinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
praiselyabraham
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi , 

As per my understanding, if any of the KPI has has a red indicator i.e. value below the tqarget, the final kpi should also be shown in red.

For this i created a measure that shall verify all the other measure. In your case:

final target = IF(OR(OR([Value1]<3,[Value2]<3) ,[Value3]<3),0,1)

I used advanced cards, and used this measure in the condition field to check if the value is 0 , then show it in red. Capture.PNG

Attaching the screenshot of it.

Hope this solves your issue. 

Regards.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
praiselyabraham
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi , 

As per my understanding, if any of the KPI has has a red indicator i.e. value below the tqarget, the final kpi should also be shown in red.

For this i created a measure that shall verify all the other measure. In your case:

final target = IF(OR(OR([Value1]<3,[Value2]<3) ,[Value3]<3),0,1)

I used advanced cards, and used this measure in the condition field to check if the value is 0 , then show it in red. Capture.PNG

Attaching the screenshot of it.

Hope this solves your issue. 

Regards.

This worked, just as you said! 🙂

But i have a followup question regarding the "Advance card" visual.

How does the visual know which value to look at when calculating conditions? 

I have 3 conditions directed towards the summary measure and 1 directed to the final target measure. But nowhere in the visual do you specify towards which value the condition should look?

Sorry this is messy 🙂 Hope u understand what i dont!

Connect on LinkedIn

In the case shared, that condition is calculated and flaged in a measure that was created i.e. final taget.

this measure is used in the condition field of the advaced card, so based on the value of the final target measure, the condition is verfied

Hope this solves your confusion.

That i understand. 

I will try to describe my concern more clearly:

In the advance card i have 4 conditions:

Final target = 0 RED

Summary <1 RED
Summary ❤️ YELLOW

Summary >3 GREEN

Take the second condition for example... 

When implemented in the card you don't define which value the condition refers to, so how does it know to look at Summary and not Final target? 

Br,

Johannes

Connect on LinkedIn

Here the final target measure is acting as a flag , 

in the earlier scenario, it was made a 2 state flag that had either 1 or 0 value.

In this case , try to make the final target measure make it a multi level flag on the various scenarios that you have,That way you can define the mentioned case.

Ohh, I understand. 

Thank you for the assistance! 🙂 

Connect on LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tex628 is the kpi selection dynamic or you have 4 kpi's? Could you post screenshots n sample data?

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Here is a sample file. The aim here is to have the final score visual become red due to the fact that one of the subscores is below 1.0 in score. 

Essentially if one of the subscore is red the final score should also becore red. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U7AAwM-2ACx1sZvUbUwvcBam0dFT4H-r

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.