Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rougester
Regular Visitor

KPI Visual & Slicer

Hi,

Apologies if this has been raised before. I'm trying to use a KPI visual (trend by week) alongside a weekly slicer.

My data is across 2 years (2016 & 2017). I have successfully set up two measures to track sales for both years.

I have also managed to set up a KPI visual using the measures showing YoY performance. However, when bringing in a slicer to filter by week the KPI visual appears to not show what I'm filtering. The issues seem to arise when selecting multiple weeks in the slicer and not just one week.

E.G., the slicer is set to show sales info for, say, week 46. As expected, the KPI visual shows current year sales versus prior year sales. However, when selecting multiple weeks, the KPI visual will always show the most recent week and not update itself - even though the week trend axis updates.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Hope I've explained myself well enough for anyone to understand! 

Thanks,

Martyn.

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rougester,

According to your description above, it seems to me that the problem may be related to the two measures you're using?

So could you post your table structures(including the relationships and the measures) with some sample/mock data which can help us reproduce this issue, so that we can better assist on it? It's even better to just share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploadingSmiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.