Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

PowerBI_Yonghu
Frequent Visitor

KPI Measure 'goal' word change

I am trying to create a KPI visual where I compare measure from current year to prior year.

Is there anyway I can change the word 'Goal' to someting else ? its not really a goal in my case. Also , the percentage next to goal is little misleading and seems I can not get rid of it. 

Untimalty, I want the 'goal' to be a customized word such as 'prior year' and mark the percentage next to current indicator to show difference instead of next to goal.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi PowerBI_Yonghu,

This is not supported currently, I suggest you could submit the requirement in power-bi-ideas. If the requirement mentioned by customers for many times, the product team may consider to add this feature in the next  version. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi PowerBI_Yonghu,

If you want to use previous year’s total as goal, you could try to use below measure

Measure =
VAR maxy =
    MAX ( 'KPI'[year] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'KPI'[amount] ),
        FILTER ( ALL ( 'KPI' ), 'KPI'[year] = maxy - 1 )
    )

51.png

But if you want to change goal text, I think you can’t achieve your goal, this is not supported currently, you could vote in Change KPI "Goal" to another text.

Best Regards,

Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thank you! This is helpful. I would like the % trend to be next to the indicator instead of the comparison year which makes more sense.

Hi PowerBI_Yonghu,

This is not supported currently, I suggest you could submit the requirement in power-bi-ideas. If the requirement mentioned by customers for many times, the product team may consider to add this feature in the next  version. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.