Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Julien_F
Helper I
Helper I

KPI MATRIX visualization in a star schema model building Fact KPI table

Hello!

I was finihing several dashboards then yesterday I discovered that post : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Custom-Visuals-Development/power-kpi-matrix/m-p/515378#M1351 where @v-viig explains a very powerfull data model to use for KPI MATRIX. I dowloaded the file and discovered a very specific fact table build for using the KPI MATRIX I tied with a classic FACT TABLE ( ROW based with FK and metrics only)  but no sucess 

DO someone know if it is possible to transform a classic fact table into that kind of fact table ? Thx a lot for your help, 

J.

4 REPLIES 4
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Julien_F 

You can use Unpivot in Power Query Editor.

Select all the value columns in your fact table and click unpivot.

image.png

This will create transform your columns to rows 

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

@Mariusz 

It is a good idea but I think this is not resolving it... I think I going to build a table in my big query stage and not in PBI ; )

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Julien_F ,

Sorry for that we cannot understand your requirement clearly, you want convert fact table to which kind of data model , the row based or column based? Does the construction of your data model similar to the data model in the sample you shared? Do you mind to use Power Query Editor to convert the data?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lid-msft 

Yes I would like to transform my fact into a fact like yours ( Rows based) . The think is in a star schema model you don't have a model like yours where KPI are in the same colunm, is it clearer? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.