cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maximus Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

KPI Indicator Showing "(BLANK)"

What is causing my KPI card indicator to show blank?

Capture.PNG

The indicator is the following:

Total Cumulative Spend = CALCULATE (
   [Total Spend],
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'Date'[Month] ),
        'Date'[Month] <= MAX ( 'Date'[Month] )
    )
)

Any ideas why my card is showing "(BLANK)" in the indicator?

4 REPLIES 4
dearwatson Member

Re: KPI Indicator Showing "(BLANK)"

I dont see anything that stands out as wrong... might need a sample link or check all the measures/data to help.

Cheers

Greg

"The commonality between science and art is in trying to see profoundly - to develop strategies of seeing and showing." - Edward Tufte
Maximus Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@dearwatson wrote:

I dont see anything that stands out as wrong... might need a sample link or check all the measures/data to help.

Cheers

Greg

Just to see what's exactly is going on I created two visuals--KPI card with just the Total Cumulative Spend and a matrix with the breakdown of the Total Cumulative spend by month. The KPI card is showing the most recent (June) spend amount which is $1.05M but it should be showing the total spend from January - June. Any idea why it's doing that?

1.PNG

v-ljerr-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @Maximus,

The KPI card is showing the most recent (June) spend amount which is $1.05M but it should be showing the total spend from January - June. Any idea why it's doing that?

This is the expected result for KPI visual on Power BI. Only the last indicator value will be shown according to the Trend axis on the KPI visual currently. Smiley Happy

Regards

ckoester Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

The KPI measure will display blank when it evaluates to blank and the KPI goal is not blank. A good way to visualize this scenario is to add the KPI measure and goal to a table with the same filters as the KPI visual. Here is an example:

PowerBI_KPI_Blank.png

One way to fix this is to use a measure for the KPI goal (Which is a good practice anyway), and only display the goal when the measure is not blank.

KPI Measure Goal :=
IF ( ISBLANK ( [KPI Measure] ), BLANK (), 258051 )