Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

userdata
Helper IV
Helper IV

KPI Card just shows last yoy but I need to show total of yoy for that period with the kpi card

Hi everyone,

I have to show how Sales changes over the year, but the same month last year and compare. So lets say last month dec18 was 21, then this should be compared with the value for dec19. Therefore, I used MTD. If somebody just can confirm if this is right?

Another question is that the KPI Card has to show the total yoy change for that specific period, so depends on where I put the date slicer in. If date slicer is on 4/18-3/19, then the KPI card should display the total of yoy change for 4/18-3/19. Even if i put it in the matrix, the grand total just shows me the value of last month but doesnt count the total of yoy change. I know that KPI card just display current value , but how can the measure look like so I can see the total of yoy change with the KPI Card. I have no idea how to create that measure. I just simulated the problem in the file but for some reason I cant attach the file. So I attached the file here :

https://github.com/datanewbi/pbi.git

Any help is more than appreciated.

Many thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @userdata 

check this out.

PBIX

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Please give Kudos for support.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @userdata 

check this out.

PBIX

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Hi @mwegener ,

thank you soo much for your answer and for your help!!!! I really appreciate it!! I just have a question, in order to understand your measure.   Can you explain this one ? What does this one exactly do? Having Sameperiodlastyear and dateadd in one measure. 

Sales PY = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Sales ]), FILTER(SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(ALLSELECTED('Date'[Date])), DATEADD('Date'[Date],1,YEAR) <= MAX('Date'[Date])))

Does this just compare Sales this year with Sales last year but only until the max of this month of Sales. For example just calculating Jan18 until 9/12/18 with Jan19 until 9/12/19?

Thank you so much again!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.