Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JamieLewis

KPI Card Visual not behaving as expected

Hi team

We're using the KPI Visual for our work

Example of the data sitting behind

Column ~ Measure (Calculated in PBI, not a field from the table)

Week 1 ~ 50

Week 2 ~ 100

Week 3 ~ 150

if we use the value with a KPI card and the Week as the trend then you get a card with 150 and an increasing trend in the background

Subsequently, we added a goal of 110 

We wanted to format (regardless of distance from goal) a RAG range - x<55 red, 55<=x<105 yellow, 105<=x green - we used the same conditional formatting on good, neutral, bad to 'hack' this behaviour into the KPI visual 

The KPI visual for week 3 appeared YELLOW instead of GREEN - we determined this because the average of the data sitting behind averaged to 100 - there was no summarisation applied to this field as it's a measure and there isn't an option to choose the summarisation as it's a measure

is this behaviour EXPECTED? I would've expected green as the current week is greater than 105 which is what we were gunning for?

3 REPLIES 3
JamieLewis

the card is showing value 150 as that is the current week, yet it's being coloured as yellow because the average of all weeks available is 100 - i want it to colour based on current week value. To get around this I created a new measure which only calculates the current week but the KPI card should've done this for me - no?

Hi, @JamieLewis 

It’s my pleasure to answer for you.

Could you mind providing some sample data with onedrive and your desired result?So we can help you soon.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JamieLewis , what is the value Visual is showing? other than visual which takes group by axis or legend. The other will summarize the values 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.