Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CM

June Desktop release not showing custom visuals

Good morning, just downloaded the June Desktop release and when installed its not showing custom visuals.

Previous custom visuals did not reappear and when attempting to reinstall those visuals, PowerBI seems to accept the new custom visualisation as installed but the visualisation icon doesnt appear.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eno1978 I downloaded from :

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-latest-update/ 

Many thanks. Using a Surface pro so having packaged now by our guys

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@CM I think I recall having some weird issues as well... I installed the version from the release blog and it resolved itself... Where did you download the latest from? - Try the blog if you haven't

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi Eno1978 I downloaded from :

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-latest-update/ 

Many thanks. Using a Surface pro so having packaged now by our guys

Hi @CM,

After installing the latest Power BI Desktop version, is the issue solved? If any custom visual doesn't work fine in this new release version, you can contact corresponding author of visual to get a new custom visual in custom visual gallery.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

OK Qiuyun Yu,

It's excellent news to see this fixed so soon.

Going forward please confirm that the Power BI Monthly update release team test the latest update against the most popular custom visuals before releasing the update.

The most popular custom visuals include Hierarchy and Microsoft's own Time Slicer.

Kind Regards,

Kieran.

Thankyou Qiuyun Yu. Will do. I just didnt understand why when I load a new version of PBID that I lose my imported custom visuals.   The issue may not be explainable I suppose but a little annoying I confess.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.