Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

July release unstable? Anyone else having issues?

Hello fellow PowerBi'ers,

I have a large model that has been great...it has 600+ measures and many millions of rows.

The new release, where the measures are now in sorted order in the tables view, seems very flakey.  I have found that adding measures takes a long time of "working on it" and then the measures input area goes dark and I just got a frown!!!!

Yikes!!  Anyone else having this problem?  Is it possible to roll back to the prior release?

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@bhknobloch@ThomasDay@nafeeza920 You can roll back as long as you didn't delete the download from your local machine. Just look for the PBIDesktop_x64.msi file (may be different file extension for 32bit. And the modified date (download date) and run the installer again and you will revert to whatever previous version you want.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine has already had trouble, freezing constantly.  I have also noticed a lot of Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NETFX40.exe instances popping up in the background using a lot of resources. 

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Anonymous Do you have access to July 2nd version?  The new version had a lot of query and connection changes, but not much on the front facing things so reverting may not be an issue for you.

When try editing the queries , the tool is not working, hanged !! had to close and restart the tool, and still no luck in editing the query.

Same issue here on editing the queries. The pane just hangs and I have to press Alt + F4 to close it.  Uninstalled and reverted back to the old PBI Desktop but issue still persists as I have already used the new features available in the latest version (table style etc etc).

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@lalthan I've had visuals stop working in the past when their features were updated (it happens remotely and without notification).  In that situation, I deleted the visual and set it up again.  I'm sure it's a pain, but that would be a seemingly promising approach if the fix isn't in sight for the July release.

Has anyone heard what's happening from the Powerbi development group?

Tom

When try editing the queries , the tool is not working, hanged !! had to close and restart the tool, and still no luck in editing the query.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. Rolled back to previous version and all is well...

nafeeza920
Advocate I
Advocate I

I agree, I am wondering the same if anyone else is having issues with the July release. I am trying to connect to SQL server and each time I attempt to connect, the desktop freezes. 

Do you know how to roll back to a prior version?  And will newly created (as in with the July release) models open if I do that or is it looking for current only.  Crikey, seems like a mess.

Yes, it's unstable. If it's possible to roll back to the previous version I'd like to know how as well.

@bhknobloch@ThomasDay@nafeeza920 You can roll back as long as you didn't delete the download from your local machine. Just look for the PBIDesktop_x64.msi file (may be different file extension for 32bit. And the modified date (download date) and run the installer again and you will revert to whatever previous version you want.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thank you @Seth_C_Bauer. Just uninstalled and reinstalled the previous version. Looks like it took care of the issue.

There's a community idea to make previous versions available to install from MS. You can vote on it here, and it also includes a link to find previous versions from a third party. I haven't vetted it (and can't right now), so use at your own risk!

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Mine is BAAAACCCCCKKKK as well.  Whew!  And the model I built over the last 2 days is fine as well as it didn't use any new features.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.