Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gazzer
Resolver II
Resolver II

July 2018 Release Date?

Dear Power BI Team, I'm starting to think there isn't going to be a July update for Power BI Desktop. At least, it seems a bit late for there to be much point now.

I can live with that, as long as you are busy doing something really great for the August release. However, I'm a little disappointed that you don't appear to have made any effort to communicate what is going on. I log in regularly to find out what new things I can start working on (and I'm certain I am not the only one doing this) and it doesn't seem a lot to ask to have you keep us informed.

Come on guys - don't forget about us.

9 REPLIES 9
luxpbi
Helper V
Helper V

Is everything functioning correctly for you all with the new July update? I downloaded and now when I open my PBIX files and Refresh, 95% of my measures all stop working and remove results to only show Column Headers. If I remove the measures from the table/matrix on my report, the Row Headers appear again, but once I drop in a measure again, they all blank out.

This is the case for nearly all of my report tabs, but 2 of my tabs actually show results yet.

I can't find anything wrong with my query's or measure tables feeding those measures that won't work now.

Thoughts? I submitted a ticket hoping to hear back from the PBI team as well.

For now I had to uninstall PBI and re-install the June install file so I can use my files.

For me everything is working fine for me. 

Anyone know why they have released a new july desktop version ? 

I currently have the Version: 2.60.5169.3201 and they have released the 2.60.5169.4101.

Do you know what the difference is?

Regards.

I was told to download that newer July version yesterday, and it still didn't function properly for me. I had a hard time understanding the tech/rep talking to me, but it sounded like other people on forums or tickets had issues as well. I don't know if the same as what I am having or what else. I guess this newer version was to try and fix some issues, just didn't for mine.

He did mention the August release was in about 9 days from now and to let them know if I still have this issue then.

Fingers-crossed!

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Gazzer,

The new desktop version has been released on July 22 2018. You could download and try it now.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft

Link please?

The below link still shows the June 2018 to be as the latest update -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-latest-update

Regards

@vmakhija - Agreed, it's not much good knowing it exists if we don't know what has been changed or added.

My point was really about the lack of communication, rather than the lack of new release.

libratic
Frequent Visitor

Pretty sure they're waiting until the Business Applications Summit next week in Seattle. 

luxpbi
Helper V
Helper V

Can't agree more, I have done just the same as you Gazzer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.