Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bolabuga
Helper V
Helper V

Joining summarizes from 2 different tables.

Hello everyone,

I have 2 tables and both have client numbers. 

Table1 are much larger and is for normal clients.

Table2 have only special clients.

I need a third table with just the client numbers from the 2 tables, containing only distinct client numbers. Its possible have duplicities of client numbers on Table1 and Table2, because a existing normal client can be upgrade to special client anytime, or demoted from special to normal.

I would like to have a join of those 2 summarizes, resulting in a Table3 with distinct values of all client codes. 

Summarize ( Table1 ; Table1[client code] )

Summarize ( Table2 ; Table2[client code] )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MFelix

UniqueClientID = UNION(DISTINCT(Table1[Client Code]);DISTINCT(Table2[Client Code]))

This way its still bringing a new table where i have "duplicities".

Distinct table1[client] = only distinct clients from table1

Distinct table2[client] = only distinct clients from table2

In here, considering those 2 distinct tables, they still have duplicities between them, and excuting the union is bringing more or less 30 clients with 2 ocurrences on the "uniqueclientID" table.

@v-yulgu-msft

Table 3 = SUMMARIZE(UNION( 'Table 1','Table 2'),[client code])

I dont know if im making something wrong trying to write this code, but when writing [client code], its forcing me to select the client code from the Table1. Trying to run this code is also giving me a error, i will try to translate from ptbr here, "all the arguments in the UNION table should have the same number of columns.

I greatful to you both, analysing the 2 suggestion helped me to understand better what i needed and helped to write something that worked.

Table3 = 
DISTINCT(
    UNION(
        SUMMARIZE(Table1;Table1[client code]);
        SUMMARIZE(Table2;Table2[client code])))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bolabuga,

Please try this:

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @bolabuga,

Create a calculate table using the following code:

UniqueClientID = UNION(DISTINCT(Table1[Client Code]);DISTINCT(Table2[Client Code]))

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

@MFelix

This way its still bringing a new table where i have "duplicities".

Distinct table1[client] = only distinct clients from table1

Distinct table2[client] = only distinct clients from table2

In here, considering those 2 distinct tables, they still have duplicities between them, and excuting the union is bringing more or less 30 clients with 2 ocurrences on the "uniqueclientID" table.

@v-yulgu-msft

I dont know if im making something wrong trying to write this code, but when writing [client code], its forcing me to select the client code from the Table1. Trying to run this code is also giving me a error, i will try to translate from ptbr here, "all the arguments in the UNION table should have the same number of columns.

I greatful to you both, analysing the 2 suggestion helped me to understand better what i needed and helped to write something that worked.

Table3 = 
DISTINCT(
    UNION(
        SUMMARIZE(Table1;Table1[client code]);
        SUMMARIZE(Table2;Table2[client code])))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.