Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

daniellerp
Frequent Visitor

Joining Tables

Hello, 

I have two tables that I need to join and pull data from. 

Table A holds Projects (Parent), Table B holds Tasks (Child). Table B has a Parent ID column that joins to Table A on the ID column. Here is an example :

2018-08-22_16-35-48.jpg

I need to identify the corresponding child tasks in Table B for the Projects in Table A.

I've already created a relationship between TableA.ID and TableB.ParentID and tried merging the queries using an inner join, but it did not return any matches (when there are clearly matches there). 

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@daniellerp,

How do you merge the tables in Power BI Desktop? Everything works well when I use Merge Queries option in Query Editor or use DAX.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@daniellerp,

How do you merge the tables in Power BI Desktop? Everything works well when I use Merge Queries option in Query Editor or use DAX.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @daniellerp

I recommend using the Merge Queries option inside the Query Editor. I've still never been able to get NATURALINNERJOIN to work...

-Parker

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.