cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhannaa Member

Join kind in relationships view?

Hi all, 

I have a lot of tables from my data base and relationships -view is showing relationships between them.

I am having an issue with two tables - one is "contract" and the other "product on contract".

"Contract" is filtered on query to contain only the active contracts. And obviously I would like the  "product"-table behave the same if used in visuals.

What would be tha smart solution here? I have a lot of tables in my relationships and cannot marge them into one in queries there join kind can be defined.

Jenni

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator Eric_Zhang

Re: Join kind in relationships view?

@dhannaa wrote:

Hi all, 

I have a lot of tables from my data base and relationships -view is showing relationships between them.

I am having an issue with two tables - one is "contract" and the other "product on contract".

"Contract" is filtered on query to contain only the active contracts. And obviously I would like the  "product"-table behave the same if used in visuals.

What would be tha smart solution here? I have a lot of tables in my relationships and cannot marge them into one in queries there join kind can be defined.

@dhannaa

You can also apply filter on query to contain only active contracts for "prodct on contract" and then just create a simple one-many relationship. If it is not possible, could you post any sample data of those two tables and expected output?

dhannaa Member

Re: Join kind in relationships view?

Thank you for your response @Eric_Zhang.

Just to clarify, what do you exactly mean? Information whether the contract is active or is only on "contract"-table. Do you mean I should merge this information to "product on contract"-table and then filter out the lines with inactive contract information?

Or is there a better way I don't figure out?

Jenny