Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dhannaa
Helper IV
Helper IV

Join kind in relationships view?

Hi all, 

I have a lot of tables from my data base and relationships -view is showing relationships between them.

I am having an issue with two tables - one is "contract" and the other "product on contract".

"Contract" is filtered on query to contain only the active contracts. And obviously I would like the  "product"-table behave the same if used in visuals.

What would be tha smart solution here? I have a lot of tables in my relationships and cannot marge them into one in queries there join kind can be defined.

Jenni

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@dhannaa wrote:

Hi all, 

I have a lot of tables from my data base and relationships -view is showing relationships between them.

I am having an issue with two tables - one is "contract" and the other "product on contract".

"Contract" is filtered on query to contain only the active contracts. And obviously I would like the  "product"-table behave the same if used in visuals.

What would be tha smart solution here? I have a lot of tables in my relationships and cannot marge them into one in queries there join kind can be defined.

@dhannaa

You can also apply filter on query to contain only active contracts for "prodct on contract" and then just create a simple one-many relationship. If it is not possible, could you post any sample data of those two tables and expected output?

Thank you for your response @Eric_Zhang.

Just to clarify, what do you exactly mean? Information whether the contract is active or is only on "contract"-table. Do you mean I should merge this information to "product on contract"-table and then filter out the lines with inactive contract information?

Or is there a better way I don't figure out?

Jenny

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.