cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dhannaa Member

Join kind in relationships view?

Hi all, 

I have a lot of tables from my data base and relationships -view is showing relationships between them.

I am having an issue with two tables - one is "contract" and the other "product on contract".

"Contract" is filtered on query to contain only the active contracts. And obviously I would like the  "product"-table behave the same if used in visuals.

What would be tha smart solution here? I have a lot of tables in my relationships and cannot marge them into one in queries there join kind can be defined.

Jenni

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator Eric_Zhang

Re: Join kind in relationships view?

@dhannaa wrote:

Hi all, 

I have a lot of tables from my data base and relationships -view is showing relationships between them.

I am having an issue with two tables - one is "contract" and the other "product on contract".

"Contract" is filtered on query to contain only the active contracts. And obviously I would like the  "product"-table behave the same if used in visuals.

What would be tha smart solution here? I have a lot of tables in my relationships and cannot marge them into one in queries there join kind can be defined.

@dhannaa

You can also apply filter on query to contain only active contracts for "prodct on contract" and then just create a simple one-many relationship. If it is not possible, could you post any sample data of those two tables and expected output?

dhannaa Member

Re: Join kind in relationships view?

Thank you for your response @Eric_Zhang.

Just to clarify, what do you exactly mean? Information whether the contract is active or is only on "contract"-table. Do you mean I should merge this information to "product on contract"-table and then filter out the lines with inactive contract information?

Or is there a better way I don't figure out?

Jenny

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 423 members 3,957 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: