Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Join Multiple Fact tables with common fields

Good Day,

I trust this message finds you well. I need assistance.

I currently have 3 Fact tables: Sales MTD which has 2 Months of data (Current Month and Previous Month) Sales YTD which has 12 months of data up until previous month and then I have Collections table which has 12 months of data. Each of these 3 tables have common fields which are:

1. Month End Date

2. Channel

3. Operations Manager

4. Regional Manager

5. Business Manager.

I would like to join the 3 fact tables into 1 table however I am encountering an issue. Also when I try to create a relation between the Collections and Date it says "You can't create a relationship between these two columns because one of the columns must have unique values" Which does not makes sense as the Date has unique value.

Please see screenshot below of the model. May you please assit me in joining the the fact tables. Thanks in advance

SaneleZwane_0-1622621158858.png

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , if the data in fact is not  overlapping, then you can append these tables

https://radacad.com/append-vs-merge-in-power-bi-and-power-query

for rest you can have one or more common dimension like channel, operation manager etc and and join with these facts with 1-M join.

refer how to build such dimensions

Bridge Table: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkf35Roman8&list=PLPaNVDMhUXGaaqV92SBD5X2hk3TMNlHhb&index=19

else joined month end date /date in all tables with date dim

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.