I have a dataset of dates and amounts which are classified by 1) location, 2) market and 3) brand. A given location may belong to 1+ markets and 1+ brands.
I have one slicer on the location field; when user selects a location, I want a combo chart to display 1) the average location amount per month as bars, and also to display 2) the average market amount per month as a line, and 3) the average brand amount per month as a second line.
I can only have a location slicer - it is not possible to have a location slicer, a market slicer and a brand slicer as I would normally prefer.
I've gotten partway there using the following steps:
1) Renamed the dataset as Data - Location, and copied it over to Data - Market and also Data - Brand using DAX
2) Added dataset Xref containing the distinct list of Location, Market and Brand fields
3) In data model I connected Xref to Data - Location (using the Location field), and to Data - Market (using the Market field), and to Data - Brand (using the Brand field)
4) Added a slicer with field Xref[Location]
5) Added a bar chart using the date and amount from Data - Location
6) Added a line chart using the date and amount from Data - Market
7) Added a line chart using the date and amount from Data - Brand
Now when I select a location from the slicer, all 3 charts automatically update accordingly - this is close to what I want.
However, I want all 3 amounts to show up in one combo chart with a bar and 2 lines - and nothing I do seems to work. In the above scenario, everything is aggregated by date (x axis) and amount (y axis), so it looks like it should be doable, but as far as I know you can't build off of visuals, so I need to find a way to do this with creative table relationships and DAX statements.
Please let me know how I can accomplish this.
Fig 1 - Data Model:
Fig 2 - What I've accomplished so far:
Fig 3 - What I'm trying to accomplish: