Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jira and Power BI

Dears,

I discovered that I couldn't connect to Jira using Power Bi Desktop. So, I found that I can only connect to jira through Power Bi Service which is available only on the Power BI Account on the web.

So, I have been trying to connect to Jira on the cloud, but it is only return 100 issues and doesn't retrive the projects that I am assigned to.

Any suggestions for solving this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous,

The JIRA content pack in Power BI Service relies on JIRA API. Based on the discussion, the 100 records limitation occurs on JIRA side.

In your scenario, please connect to JIRA PBIT I shared above, then change source code in Advanced Editor as discussed in this similar thread.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

1) Current API call limit for JIRA connector issue is 100 only

2) Reduce the paginzation size to 100 in Advanced query editor

spawnian
Frequent Visitor

Link Expired please upload 😞

I eventually found the original JIRA content pack mentioned in the original solution. I have uploaded it to my google drive - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rc7ngRHPH38AWwHEMKJ6mcPjhSVT-rJe. Hopefully you can download it.
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you connect to JIRA PBIT  in Power BI Desktop? What error message do you get?

In addition, please make sure you are using the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.57.5068.501).

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

The link you shared to download Power BI JIRA template file got expired. Can you please upload and share it again?.

Thank you,

Malar

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia @v-yuezhe-msft

Thanks for your reoly.

The problem is the connection retrieves only 100 records and we have more than 1600 record!

Regards

Seraj

@Anonymous,

The JIRA content pack in Power BI Service relies on JIRA API. Based on the discussion, the 100 records limitation occurs on JIRA side.

In your scenario, please connect to JIRA PBIT I shared above, then change source code in Advanced Editor as discussed in this similar thread.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was updated just recently, you can use an app to get Power BI data into Jira with appfire app https://appfire.com/solutions/power-bi-jira-connector/ . there is more information on using this app instead of building integration manually https://hub.appfire.com/popular-topics/business-intelligence-and-reporting/how-to-connect-jira-and-p...  and in docs. There are no limitations on the Jira side with this app.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yuezhe-msft 

Can you please Share again your PBIT File ?

Thank you in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

I was able to get pbit from the goole drive link mentioned here.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Jira-and-Power-BI/m-p/598359/highlight/true#M284455

Hi,

the link is expired, can someone reupload it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft

Thank you Lydia, it works Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.