Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jira Dashboard (Created vs Resolved)

Hi,

Im trying to created a Staked Column chart which gives me Created vs Resolved tickets on JIRA for the last 30 days. Though I have managed to create everything (Attached). The query I have is I want to show Created tickets in the last 30 days which are Unresolved. How do I acheive this result?

On Jira it calcualtes Created Issues (Unresolved). So when i hover over the 8th March red bar it shows me 4 issues out of 9 issues created are Unresolved state (To Do, In-Progress, UAT etc)

This is from JIRA and it automatically calculates based on the projects and factors as last 30 days I want to create a similar one on PBI. I have already connected my data through ODataThis is from JIRA and it automatically calculates based on the projects and factors as last 30 days I want to create a similar one on PBI. I have already connected my data through OData This is the one that I created. Everything is fine but just that as of now its showing created Issues. I wanted to see Created Issues that are Unresolved just like the image of JIRA showsThis is the one that I created. Everything is fine but just that as of now its showing created Issues. I wanted to see Created Issues that are Unresolved just like the image of JIRA shows

In the above analysis I did on PBI. I have everything except that it shows created date and not the Created Issues (Unresolved) ones. How can I achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for replying late. Seems like you need a Date table first, create a calculated table like this:

Calendar = CALENDARAUTO()

Create realationships between the Date table and your source table:

resolve-date is active, created-date is inactiveresolve-date is active, created-date is inactive

Create measures like this:

Resolved number = 
COUNTX (
    FILTER (
        'Table',
        'Table'[Created] <> BLANK ()
            && 'Table'[Resolved] <> BLANK ()
    ),
    [Key]
)
Unresolved number = 
CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( 'Table'[Key] ),
    'Table'[Resolved] = BLANK (),
    USERELATIONSHIP ( 'Table'[Created], 'Calendar'[Date] )
)

count.png

Add the filter conditions as your needed.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on your descriptions and pictures, just create a measure like this to get the count of unsolved issues:

Unresolved = SUM('Table'[Jira Created]) - SUM('Table'[Jira Resolved])

Set a page level filter for the last 30 days and use a bar chart to show the result:

count.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a ton for your solution. I have tried this everything works but when I pull the Unresolved measure to the values field nothing happens. Can you help?

Also, I tried opening your file shared but my PBD is not latest version it says.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try to use the latest version of power bi desktop to open it.

In addition, has your table looked like this:

tab.png

This table is created manually by myself based on your pictures since I have not connected to Jira, but the calulation logic should be the same. 

If it still not works, you can consider sharing the structure of tables in your report like the above posted.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response. There might be a miss from my end but in my case JIRA created and Resolved are DATES.

Below is the screenshot

Key :- the JIRA tickets ID

The Created (MM/dd) is the one I created just to remove the time.The Created (MM/dd) is the one I created just to remove the time.

Kindly let me know if you need any further information

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for replying late. Seems like you need a Date table first, create a calculated table like this:

Calendar = CALENDARAUTO()

Create realationships between the Date table and your source table:

resolve-date is active, created-date is inactiveresolve-date is active, created-date is inactive

Create measures like this:

Resolved number = 
COUNTX (
    FILTER (
        'Table',
        'Table'[Created] <> BLANK ()
            && 'Table'[Resolved] <> BLANK ()
    ),
    [Key]
)
Unresolved number = 
CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( 'Table'[Key] ),
    'Table'[Resolved] = BLANK (),
    USERELATIONSHIP ( 'Table'[Created], 'Calendar'[Date] )
)

count.png

Add the filter conditions as your needed.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

Thanks for your support on my above queries.

Would it be possible for you to take a look at the Average Age of Unresolved issues which I have shared below. Thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Im trying to a similar one for the Average Age of Unresolved issues. attached screenshot

Average Age.JPG

Can you please here? Let me know if you need any additonal infor\

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a ton this worked well. Really appreciate your prompt help and response on the same. Hope I can get in touch with you for many other queries I face in future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.