Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

JavaScript is required error

Getting javascript required error when I trying to sign in from Power BI desktop edition..

Javascript Required.

JavaScript is required. This web browser does not support JavaScript or JavaScript in this web browser is not enabled.

To find out if your web browser supports JavaScript or to enable JavaScript, see web browser help.

6 REPLIES 6
Corepublishing

Powerbi connexion protocole goes through (old) internet explorer, to which you have no more access since edge was pushed by microsoft. So, in order to solve this issue, on the "javascript required" screen follow one of the link at the bottom, which will open a internet explorer page. Then you just have to activate the ASP script. 

Balakaye
Regular Visitor
Anoni

Hi,

I am trying to use the app to import real time data to analize, for some webs like https://traderjoexyz.com/#/home, is giviming the following error. showing code text and asking to eneble javasrip.

Could someone help me with this?

Anoni_0-1636106130190.png

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The issue should be related to your setting or browser. What is your default browser then? Like Chrome, we can enable the JavaScript as below.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced.
  4. Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
  5. Click JavaScript.
  6. Turn on Allowed (recommended).

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sir,

The default browser is chrome.. I have done all the settings but still getting this issue..

Even I have changed the default browser to Internet Explorer and allowed the JavaScript but in vain.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power-BI-Login-Error1.jpgPower-BI-Login-Error2.jpgPower-BI-Login-Error3.jpgPower-BI-Login-Error4.jpg

Attached the screen shots for your reference,... Please check and update me to resolve this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.