Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

carlom_iptech
Frequent Visitor

JSON Files and Refresh/Load Speed

I have a large amount of JSON files that I analyze using Power BI. It has grown slower the more JSON files get added to the directory it scans. I wish there was a way to have it incrementally update based on only the new (modified or created) files. I believe it currently rereads every single JSON file every time I refresh.

Is there anything I can do to speed this up? I have thought about converting older data into a different format or database to make it quicker, but that would be a lot of work.

Other ideas?

Version 2.79.5768.1082 64-bit (March 2020)

1 REPLY 1
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @carlom_iptech ,

When you load or refresh, powerbi refreshes the entire query by default. The only thing you can do is to optimize your data source and delete unnecessary content.

And  would you please vote for the similar idea: Refresh only New Data or Modified File in Folder in Power BI forum which has been submitted to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.