Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chq Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Items won't group correctly

Hey Everyone,

I am going through our written survey resposes and grouping them based on what topic they are related to. They all appear to be correctly group, using the grouping feature on the Fields tab, but when I drag these items onto the report page they are not all grouped. It looks like any of the responses that contain a return or are long in length have been exluded from the grouping. Any ideas what is going on or if there is a workaround for this? Screenshots are attached.

Annotation 2019-07-31 140701.jpg
Annotation 2019-07-31 140741.jpgItems are Grouped

3 REPLIES 3
vanessafvg Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Items won't group correctly

@chq  are you able to share some data at all?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.
Proud a to be a Datanaut!
chq Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Unfortunately just the screenshots that I have already shared. What appears odd to me is it shows everything as being grouped and then for some reason is not actually grouping all of them. I think it has to do with character length or having returns in the text.

chq Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I have tracked this down to being an issue anytime that there is a return in a line of text. If the returns are manually removed they will group just fine. This is a very frustrating bug. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 132 members 1,680 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: