Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TechBear

Issues with sharing Power BI in Teams tab error.title

Hi there, has anyone had this issue before while using the Power BI app in Teams? Screen shot of issue:  https://postimg.cc/hQnYyt8Q 

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Same Issue over here. Reports has worked fine over the past year, nothing changed in acces or premiumworkspace. Is the root cause know? Would like to know that and how to fix it properly and by a workaround of different links. 

wjs
Frequent Visitor

We noticed same issue.

This is not a permissions issue, so it would help if people refrain from suggesting it is. Permsission Issues display different visual issues.

We had less than 20 Teams tabs affected by this, so as a workaround we just "relinked" alltabs and it appears to have sorted the issue for the time being.
I suggest anyone seeing the issue create a new Teams tab to test the report, if it they don't see the issue then just edit every tab and choose the relevant report again. We are still monitoring this workaround.
Not much help if you have a lot of tabs to fix!

Hi,

We did the same. Could you find a more concrete solution for this?

Thanks and Regards,

Divya Rajasekaran

TechBear

@v-xicai after some more testing, everyone can view the report in a browser without issue.  Just having issues with the Teams app and sharing -  someone published it with Pro license in a Premium workspace, and everyone has access- just getting the error when using the powerBI Tab in Teams to view.

@v-xicai hey there, any update on this?  Thank you 🙂

Hi   @TechBear ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue and I am the owner and i ahve a Pro Licence.
The strange thing is I am the owner of multiple report all on teams and this is the only one with this issue ... 
Stranger we can still use the filter and the dashboard is responsive. 

Screenshot:

Issue Title.error.PNG

Thank you in advance

Paul

Hi @TechBear  ,

Embedding a report in Microsoft Teams or sending a link to an item doesn't automatically give users permission to view the report. You need to allow users to view the report in Power BI. You can use a Microsoft 365 Group for your team to make it easier.

Make sure to review who can see the report within the Power BI service and grant access to those not listed.

One way to ensure everyone in a team has access to reports is to place the reports in a single workspace and give the Microsoft 365 Group for your team access.

In addition, there are some limitations for the Power BI tab for Microsoft Teams, see more details: Collaborate in Microsoft Teams with Power BI.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TechBear ,

This error shows that you may have no access to this content. End users need Power BI Pro licenses to consume these apps. But if the app content resides in Power BI Premium capacity, end users can access the content without requiring a Power BI Pro license. See more: Distribute to large audiences with Power BI apps.

You may alos check your access to share feature. See : Share Power BI dashboards and reports with coworkers and others.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xicai I just verified and the user getting the error has a pro license and is the owner of the content.  Any other suggestions for this Teams sharing issue?

Thanks so much, Amy- it is very strange as users can view the content sometimes and then get the error other times

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.