Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues with relationships and filtering by date table

I am having little success in trying to filter my data using my date table.

I have two tables - one contains a list of IT support tickets, with two date fields: 'Date of creation', and 'Date of closure'.

The other is a date table generated via a CALENDARAUTO DAX script.

Following the instructions that I have found in other Power BI threads, I have created a relationship between 'Date of creation' in the tickets table, and 'Date' in the date table. I have ensured that the data categories match (Date), and that the format also matches (dd/MM/yyyy).

The relationship is active, and many (incidents table) to one (date table).

Despite this, once the relationship is created and I add a slicer to filter my dataset, the value constantly appears as blank. Whatever I try, I am completely unable to filter my data using the linked date table.

Does anyone have any experience with this and/or ideas what might be going wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share your pbix to me if you don't have any Confidential Information.Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot #1.jpgScreenshot #2.jpgScreenshot #3.jpg

This is happening to me also.

@v-frfei-msft

All the tables I lay out and create relationships for do not work anymore.  The first screenshot is using the date filter from my date table along with relative data from a linked table.  You will see the data in the bottom visual disappears. 

The second screenshot is where the date filter is removed and the data appears (I had to change the field as I did not want to publish employee names.)

The third screenshot is just a snap of my tables.  This setup has ALWAYS worked in the past, so not sure what is happening here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

post screenshot,,,it will make it easy understanding ur issue and to give the solutions 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.