Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jemsann

Issues with legend in gantt chart by maq software

The Gantt Chart by MAQ Software won't use the legend unless the field is also in category section.

Is there a way to use the legend without also showing the field in the category section?

field in legend only.PNGField in legend and category.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MAQSupport
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello @jemsann,

As of now, there is no way to use a column in Legend field without having it inserted in Category field.

We have added your request to our backlog.

We will notify you on this thread when we update Gantt Chart by MAQ Software with this feature.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Consider using the "as Timeline" visual. I had the same need -- "as Timeline" will let you show your task on the left side (called "Entitiy") and have a legend (called "Category")

In the Visual settings, under Behavaior you can show as Stacked (one row per Entity) or Unstacked (one row for each Entity and Category)

Demo video shows this pretty well: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381377?tab=Overview

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous , thanks for the tip.  I'll go check that out and see if it will work for what I need!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears that this issue still exists today.  Are there any updates on getting this resolved so that you can have a legend create within the Gantt Visualization without having to add it to the Category?  This would be very helpful as often you dont want it to show up in the Category table.

Hello @Anonymous ,

As of now, we do not have a definite ETA for this feature.

We periodically revisit our published visuals to correct bugs and add enhancements based on user feedback. Once we have an enhancement list set for the next version of this visual, we will let you know on this thread.

If you have an urgent need for this enhancement, please connect to us via our Sales channel.

Thanks again for your feedback, and please continue to provide the same for any of our visuals.

For any further queries or enhancement requests, please contact us at support@maqsoftware.com

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue has still not been fixed. Do you have an eta on this? It's very confusing for the legend to be incorrect.

Hello,

The issue has been resolved and is now available in AppSource for generic use.

Let us know if it resolves your issue and revert in case of any further issues.

Thanks

MAQSupport
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello @jemsann,

As of now, there is no way to use a column in Legend field without having it inserted in Category field.

We have added your request to our backlog.

We will notify you on this thread when we update Gantt Chart by MAQ Software with this feature.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw that this is something that was an issue about 10 months back, is this something that will be fixed in the near future? Estimated time frame?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have the same issue: My tasks are sorted alphabetical instead of chronological. I don't see how the problem was resolved. Can you help met out?

Thanks,

Jaz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.