Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

InterSimi
Helper II
Helper II

Issues with dates and a date table

Hi everyone.

I have just started using Power BI and love it, but am having an issue with dates from one source excel file.

After a few hours of investigating, I believe identified the issue, but I do not know how to solve it.

SUMMARY:My Power BI report has 5 excel spreadsheets linked to it. I have created a date table and created relationships between the 5 spreadsheets and the date table.

ISSUE: When I filder on the date from the date table, all but one excel spreadsheet visuals updates.

IDENTIFIED PROBLEM: I believe this issue is due to the date columns of 4 of the excel files being in the format "1/1/2016 00:00", where all of the time stamps are showing as "00:00". The problematic excel date column is in the format "1/1/2016 13:17", and all of the times are different. In fact, the only date which filters, is the date which happens to fall on midnight.

HELP REQUIRED: How can I tell Power BI to ignore the timestamp, or how can I create a new calculated column without the timestamp?

1 REPLY 1
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@InterSimi,

You can remove the time portion of a datetime column with the INT or TRUNC function. Here's a calculated column using INT:

Date = INT ( Table1[Datetime] )

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.