Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nmck86
Post Patron
Post Patron

Issues with a relationship created

Hi,

I have created a relationship in my data set where the tax id information from mutliple data sources are set on a cross directional relationship. I am running up against issues though when the tax id number isnt in the data set it sums up all the information from all payment amounts that have a blank tax id number... For instance, I funded $10,000 to Sally Corp in 2016 and that $10,000 shows up correctly. However, I didnt fund anything to Nancy Corp so it sums up all payments were the tax id is blank or not present into a large $1,000,000 payment (which is the representation all payments where we didnt fund a specific organizaiton previously). Anyone ever ran into this issue?

I hope this makes sense.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the assistance! I figured it out. It was because my relationships are setup by a different criteria and it was pulling in the amount. I think for now the answer is to remove that field or create a duplicate of the data set and create new relationships to pull in this one field.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nmck86,

Can you share sample data about those tables which has relationship between? Which common field dis you use to create the relationship?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the assistance! I figured it out. It was because my relationships are setup by a different criteria and it was pulling in the amount. I think for now the answer is to remove that field or create a duplicate of the data set and create new relationships to pull in this one field.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@nmck86  what are you expecting it to rollup into  if the id is blank?  

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

$0

@nmck86 so what do you want to do with the data that doesn't have an id and has a value?   hide it?  

is it possible to provide screen shots?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

I wouldnt mind if it was just blank as some of the other ones are... I am attaching the info to this reply. You will notice that the correct amounts of $2,000 and 7,500 are there; however, there is this large amount of $17mi which is completely inaccurate. @vanessafvg

Image.png

@nmck86 Can you post of screen shot of your relationship view and also the code for your measure for payment amount

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.