Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues with Regions when using Maps

Hello !

I having problems with the Map visual. It is not recognizing "regions". Not sure if related to having some custom regions, or just a bug in the Power BI Desktop. I have the impression it was working OK before, but just realized it is not working.

If somebody have come across this issue, I would appreciate if a workaround has been found.

Thanks

JosVisual ScreenVisual ScreenData ScreenData Screen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous

Do you mean that you need the column type to be Region but not Continent? I'm afaird that the map visual will not recognize them in your scenario. You need to define the type as Continent or Place.

Issues with Regions when using Maps_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

Please do not change the data category to "Region". They are actually "Continent". And you need to change Asia Pacific to Asia. Please refer to following screenshot.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-haibl-msft!

How about if I need to have this type of "custom" Regions/Continent, like North America, South America, Asia Pacific, etc. Is there a workaround to get the Map Visual recognizing it?

Thanks in advance,

Jose

@Anonymous

Do you mean that you need the column type to be Region but not Continent? I'm afaird that the map visual will not recognize them in your scenario. You need to define the type as Continent or Place.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Hi Herbert,

Is there any way that I can remove the name of the continents in the map and rename them with a Custom region name as (Latin America, EMEA, Canada etc)?

Thank you

@Anonymous

Please let me know if you still have concern about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-haibl-msft

Everything is working ok. 

Thanks,

Jose

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.