Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jakuza
Helper I
Helper I

Issues with Enterprise Gateway SQL Database

I've recently started setting up my reports to have a scheduled refresh. I have one report on Power BI that seems to be working fine with the refresh, but I just added a new report and I'm having issues with the refresh. It is connecting to my SCCM Database and I'm not sure if I'm missing privileges and permissions or something else is wrong. The option for enterprise gateway is greyed out even though I've added the dataset and made sure it matches the data source on the Power BI desktop file and the credentials are the same, also this is the SCCM template from PowerOn, not sure if that's important. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

J

SCCM.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

I haven't worked with SCCM database before, but where does it reside?  You only need a gateway if the data source is on premises, so perhaps you don't even need the gateway?

The Database is on premise. I have another report set up almost the exact same way and it seems to work. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

@Jakuza

Is SQL Server the only data source of the dataset? Based on my test, only when all data source are configured in the same gateway, the gateway can be used to refresh. If it is not your case, you can also try to remove the report and do a re-publish.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.