Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MainlineData
Frequent Visitor

Issues with Date Behaviour in PBI Desktop

Morning,

Since the latest update I've noticed that the behaviour of date filters and slicers has been impacted and isn't performing as usual.

I've attached two screenshots - one from desktop, one from service - to highlight the issue I'm seeing.

ex.PNG

Firstly this one is from Desktop. As you can see from my measure, it should pull the first date from my date table - which using the relative filter underneath, should be 23/12/2022 - however my measure is starting a day later on 24/12/2022.

However, as seen below, in Service, this exact measure and date range combination are in sync - both saying 23/12/2022.

ex 2.PNG

So for some reason, behaviour of dates in Desktop has been knocked off slightly since the latest update but this hasn't impacted Service.

I've also noticed that if I say have a Date Between slicer and a Relative Date slicer (giving users both options etc), even when edit interactions is enabled on both, the Date Between slicer will not change to match the Relative Date slicer range - whereas in Service this does happen.

exc 3.PNG

Has anybody else seen this?

Before this latest update, the behaviour between Desktop and Service was identical.

EDIT 1 - Should have included this before - I see this behaviour across multiple datasets, this isn't localised to one file.

EDIT 2 - Hmm I am now seeing this behaviour in Service - initially I looked at existing reports with that measure etc and those behaved properly. If I try create a fresh report with the dataset, the issue appears.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MainlineData
Frequent Visitor

Hey, yeah it is entirely possible an issue my side but I see this behaviour across multiple datasets which is odd.

I'll update my original post as that context (multiple datasets) may prove important.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MainlineData
Frequent Visitor

Hey, yeah it is entirely possible an issue my side but I see this behaviour across multiple datasets which is odd.

I'll update my original post as that context (multiple datasets) may prove important.

Manendra
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @MainlineData 

This looks interesting, I made a few refreshes in my reports after seeing this post, but I don't find any issues with my dates. Lets see if someone find this sort of issue.

Cheers,

Manendra.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.