Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dseppi
Frequent Visitor

Issues with Data Transfer from Dynamics 365 to Power BI

HI -

I have successfully connected our Dynamics 365 online account to Power BI desktop.  However, I realized that when I look at the field statuscode (stage) under opportunity entity, it is being populated with numbers rather than the actual stage names (i.e. Opportunity ID'd, Business Fit Validated, etc.).  Any ideas what might be causing this?

I have posted both the picture of the field in PowerBI as well as the originating field in Dynamics.

Thanks!!

David

PowerBI Question.PNG

PowerBI Quesiton.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

@dseppi

Hi,

@synergised ‘s second link is helpful. In my test, many fields of the tables from Dynamics CRM are IDs or values. Maybe we need to map these manually.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dseppi,

Could you please mark the proper answer if it's convenient for you? That will be a help to others.

Best Regards!
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

@dseppi

Hi,

@synergised ‘s second link is helpful. In my test, many fields of the tables from Dynamics CRM are IDs or values. Maybe we need to map these manually.

Best Regards!

Dale

Yes almost everything in CRM is a link to an optionset or another entity it would be nice if it was easier to get at the descriptions of the linked items.

We ended up replicating our CRM data back to SQL.  The KingswaySoft SSIS creates tables with the code and then adds a "name" field with the description.  Maybe a similiar approach could be taken with this service... or at least provide a way to generate lookup tables for the optionsets used by an entity,

https://www.kingswaysoft.com/products/microsoft-dynamics-365-data-integration

sanmple.png

synergised
Resolver II
Resolver II

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.