Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GlassShark1
Helper III
Helper III

Issues with ARC GIS Map after update, and issues with mapping to UK Local Authority Codes

Yesterday i discovered all the ARC GiS Maps for Power BI i've used in reports and were working fine are now broken. Typically, the value layer doesn't display at all, or the defaults you have set up originally now reset to something else (heatmap becomes a point map, colours change, sizes etc).

If you change the settings for these again it sometimes works, but then if you navigate away from the page and back to it, it's reverted again. I'm also sometimes seeing messages that say access to the location data requires permission, and i'm sent to the ESRI site to sign up for a trial.

Most of the disappearing layers issues you can resolve but building the visual again from scratch - which i've now been doing all day. One report i have though (that took over a week to build) seems broken though - it's a boundaries map of districts in the UK. It was fine before, but now it doesn't recognise the LA codes in use to plot boundaries. If i use the LA name as the location, it either plots most of the boundaries but has no colour ramp to speak of (or does it in a way that virtually all the disticts have the same colour), or it fails to find the right boundaries anymore, or it just hangs on a load.

Very very frustrating. Not sure what i can do with it now.

This is the data i'm using (obviously modelled), but as i said the issue shouldn't be the data as it all worked perfectly before the update. Internal migration: detailed estimates by origin and destination local authorities, age and sex - Of...

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @GlassShark1 

If the issue still persist, it is recommended to open a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had similar issues - symbology settings are forgotten, the visual is asking for a location type to be set (which doesn't save when selected).

As of today (09/09/21), the visual does not appear to load.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.