Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues when importing Power BI modell to Azure Analysis Service

Hi everyone

hope anyone can help me. I tried now several times to import my first Power BI model into AZURE Analysis Services. I went through the steps as described by the AZURE team. After I've chosen the right server and the model as PBIX file from my local drive and clicked on import, the following happens: 1. It is running for several minutes. 2. After several minutes it stops without any message or anything similar. The model is afterwards not in AZURE Analysis service.

I tried it now 4 times without any success.

Has anyone made the same experiences? Does anyone know a solution for that?

thanks and br

Christoph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

after I issued a support ticket with AZURE...I got the following response:

Apparently there is currently a time-out configured...whenever the upload process take too long (which was the case for me as my file was pretty large)... the process is stopped.

AZURE is working on it.

thanks and br

christoph

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

As per the official blog, you need to check 

• An Azure Analysis Server at the Standard or Developer tier.
  • A Power BI Desktop (.pbix) file. New models created from Power BI Desktop files support Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Oracle, and Teradata data sources.

For further troubleshooting, I'd suggest you post in the dedicated Azure Analysis service forum. There're more experts and you'll get more proper response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

after I issued a support ticket with AZURE...I got the following response:

Apparently there is currently a time-out configured...whenever the upload process take too long (which was the case for me as my file was pretty large)... the process is stopped.

AZURE is working on it.

thanks and br

christoph

Hi, 

Any updates on this issue? 

Br

Stian

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't heard anything, nor tried it again. I build big models new from scratch. If I create new models, I do this from the start on directly in AZAS now.

thanks and br

christoph

Thanks for the reply. 

Do you write the Power Query code directly in visual studio/ AZAS? Is it possible to install the Power Query in Visula studio? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you mean by "Power Query Code", the DAX Code, then yes. I write that directly in Visualt Studio connected to AZAS. I don't know if you can install POwer Query in Visual Studio.

sorry and br

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.