cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barney26 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Issues publishing to Power BI Service

Hi,

I have a report that I created in PBI Desktop, have published to PBI Service & has been used by myself & colleagues since for a few weeks now

I made some changes this morning which I would like to publish so they are available for all in PBI Service but am getting the below error when I try to publish

"An error occured while attempting to publish 'File Name.pbix': The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server."

Does anyone know how I can resolve this? It was working fine yesterday

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Re: Issues publishing to Power BI Service

Hi @barney26 ,

Which Power BI desktop version do you run? Please update to the latest version 2.66.5376.2161 then test again. 

You can also go to Power BI service in browser, open the target workspace which you would like the report published to, click on Get Data -> Files to publish the report, check if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

I've downloaded the new version, it's working now, thanks! & thanks for the note about being able to publish in Power BI service, I wasn't aware of that function!

Kind regards Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @barney26 ,

Which Power BI desktop version do you run? Please update to the latest version 2.66.5376.2161 then test again. 

You can also go to Power BI service in browser, open the target workspace which you would like the report published to, click on Get Data -> Files to publish the report, check if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

I've downloaded the new version, it's working now, thanks! & thanks for the note about being able to publish in Power BI service, I wasn't aware of that function!

Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

Kind regards Smiley Very Happy

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @barney26 ,

As the issue is resolved now, may I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

It is thanks, please close the thread